Tallawong development project
The Tallawong Project is made up of a number of smaller places or precincts of developable government land owned by Sydney Metro. These places will be developed over time. The first place we are planning for development is Tallawong Station Precinct South.
Stage one: Tallawong Station Precinct South
The vision for Tallawong Station Precinct South is for an active, walkable town centre, with places to live and work, with a village park and metro station as its focus.
The State Significant Development Application (SSDA) lodged by Landcom with the (then) Department of Planning and Environment in 2018 was approved in February 2019.
In June 2020, Deicorp lodged a State Significant Development Application (SSDA) with the Department of Planning, Industry and Environment for the development of the site
The Department has placed the application on public exhibition for 28 days from 25 June 2020 until 22 July 2020.
The application is largely consistent with the approved Concept Plan and seeks consent to construct a staged mixed use development including:
- 17 buildings of between 2 and 8 storeys
- 93,393m2 of gross floor area
- 987 dwellings
- 9,000m2 of commercial and retail uses
- Minimum 5% Affordable Housing
- A 3,507m2 publicly accessible park
- Landscaping of the site for public and private open space
The SSDA is available for review and public submissions at: https://www.planningportal.nsw.gov.au/major-projects/project/26916
The SSDA seeks minor modifications to the approved Concept Plan for Tallawong Station Precinct South (SSD 9063) with changes proposed to:
- Building footprints and heights to maximise solar access, improve sight lines through the site and increase the size of the public park
- Minimum residential visitor parking rates and improved retail parking by introducing consolidated basement parking underneath the park
- Public and private land ownership to enable basement parking underneath the park and more flexibility in relation to design of the park beyond Council’s standard public domain finishes and fixtures
- Location of basement and deep soil areas under the publicly accessible park
- Road design to enable better access to the west of the park.
The Approved Concept Plan Modification Application is available for review and public submissions at:
Landcom will continue to work with Deicorp to ensure the vision for the site as proposed in the approved Concept Plan is realised.