Landcom prepared a draft concept proposal as part of the concept State Significant Development Application. In June 2019 the community were invited to an information session to provide feedback on the draft concept proposal.
After considering stakeholder and community feedback, we lodged a concept State Significant Development Application with the Department of Planning, Industry and Environment in October 2019. The Application was on public exhibition from late October to late November 2019.
The public exhibition provided an additional opportunity for the community to provide feedback. Some of the feedback included:
- concerns about overdevelopment in the local area
- requests to consider building design excellence
- requests to consider the visual and privacy impacts of new buildings
- concern about the ability of the proposed infrastructure upgrades and car parking rates to support the development
- requests to consider how the concept reflects the lifestyle and character of the local area
- questions about compliance with height, scale and setback controls
- concerns about construction impacts.
In July 2020, we responded to feedback received during the public exhibition in the Response to Submissions package.
Some of the updates to the concept proposal include:
- changes to the concept proposal layout and the site links to break up the built form and improve connections
- increased public open space
- changes to building setbacks and separations to reflect the intended character of the area
- revised lot sizes to allow for taller buildings
- revised car parking rates to encourage public transport use
- the inclusion of terraces to provide greater housing diversity
- the inclusion of retail uses close to the proposed primary school site
- updates to the tree planting strategy to achieve a minimum 40% tree canopy coverage.
The updated concept proposal includes:
- Up to 3,804 homes
- Up to 151,000m2 of gross floor area for commercial use
- Up to 15,000m2 of gross floor area for retail use
- Up to 15,000m2 of gross area for community use, including a new community facility and new school site.
It is expected that the Minister for Planning and Public Spaces will make a decision on the State Significant Development Application in 2022.