Hills Showground Station Precinct Concept Proposal Approved
Landcom and Sydney Metro have received approval for the Hills Showground Station Precinct concept proposal. The State Significant Development Application was submitted in late 2019, and was determined by the Department of Planning, Infrastructure and Environment on 29 January 2021.
The precinct will be a thriving local mixed-use centre; a walkable, lively place with strong connections to world class transport and cultural and recreational activities at the Castle Hill Showground.
The approved proposal includes:
- a maximum of 1,620 homes, including a minimum of 5% of Affordable Housing for very low, low and middle income earners like teachers, nurses and retail workers
- a mix of housing for people with different lifestyles, including one, two and three bedroom homes
- a maximum of 14,000m2 for retail, commercial and community uses, including a new supermarket
- green open spaces that encourage people to connect with the views over Cattai Creek and the wider Garden Shire
- improved connections and access to new open space including a village plaza and a neighbourhood park, and the Castle Hill Showground.
The Doran Drive Precinct will be the first place to be delivered, with Deicorp appointed as our development partner in November 2019. In the future, we will appoint development partners for Hills Showground Precinct East and Hills Showground Precinct West.
The approved concept proposal sets out the vision, planning and development framework for the assessment of future development on the site, which will be subject to a detailed State Significant Development Application.
The concept was approved as part of the Department of Planning, Industry and Environment’s Horizon program, which accelerates the assessment of major projects that keep the economy moving, create jobs and deliver public benefit.
We are very excited to watch this new precinct unfold.
You can view the approved concept proposal, the submissions and our response on the Department of Planning, Industry and Environment’s Major Projects website.
For more information visit Landcom’s Hills Showground webpage.