The concept State Significant Development Application was approved by the Minister for Planning in December 2022.
The approved concept provides around:
- 1,900 homes, including a minimum of 5% Affordable Housing for very low, low and middle income earners such as teachers, nurses, cleaners and retail workers
- 10,700m2 of retail gross floor area
- 29,500m2 of public open space including new parks, plazas, and pedestrian and cycling connections.
Community feedback shaped the concept
In June 2019, the community were invited to an information session to provide feedback on the draft concept proposal. After considering feedback from the community and other stakeholders, we lodged the concept State Significant Development Application in October 2019, which was placed on public exhibition between late October and late November 2019.
The public exhibition provided an additional opportunity for the community to provide feedback. Some of the feedback included:
- requests to consider building design excellence
- requests to consider the visual and privacy impacts of buildings
- concerns about larger buildings overshadowing open spaces
- concerns about the ability of the proposed local infrastructure upgrades and car parking rates to support the development
- suggestions to the improve the accessibility and usability of road frontages
- requests to consider opportunities to improve the connections to public open space
- questions about the extent of trees and planting.
In July 2020, we responded to feedback received during the public exhibition in the Response to Submissions package.
Some of the updates to the concept proposal included:
- changes to the station plaza layout and site link to break up the built form and improve connections
- changes to building setbacks and separations to reflect the intended character of the area
- revised car parking rates to encourage public transport use
- updates to the tree planting strategy to achieve a minimum 40% tree canopy.