About Hills Showground Station Precinct
The vision for the Hills Showground is a thriving local mixed-use centre; a walkable, lively place with strong connections to world class transport and cultural and recreational activities at the Castle Hill Showground. There will be diverse housing for people with different lifestyles, and green open spaces that encourage people to connect with the views over Cattai Creek and the wider Garden Shire. There will be three precincts at Hills Showground Station Precinct:
- Doran Drive Precinct (closest to station), will be the first to be developed and will include new homes, a plaza, commercial, retail and community uses.
- Hills Showground Precinct East (closest to Showground Road) is the largest precinct and will include a new residential village with open space.
- Hills Showground Precinct West (next to the Station Car Park) will include new homes and commercial and retail space.
A State Significant Development Application (SSDA) for an initial concept proposal for the precinct was submitted to the Department of Planning, Industry and Environment in November 2019.
The concept proposal was on public exhibition between November and December 2019. We then undertook further studies and consulted with stakeholders to respond to the issues raised and prepare a detailed Response to Submissions package, which included an updated concept proposal. This package was submitted to the Department and the concept SSDA was approved in January 2020.
The concept was approved as part of the Department's Horizon program which accelerates the assessment of major projects that keep the economy moving, create jobs and deliver public benefit.
The approved concept proposal
The approved concept includes:
- a maximum of 1,620 homes including a minimum of 5% Affordable Housing for very low, low and middle income earners for example teachers, nurses and retail workers
- housing for people with different lifestyles, including one, two and three bedroom homes
- a maximum of 14,000m² for retail, commercial and community uses, including a new supermarket
- green open spaces that encourage people to connect with the views over Cattai Creek and the wider Garden Shire
- improved connections and access to new open space, including a village plaza and neighbourhood park and the Castle Hill Showground.
We have appointed Deicorp to deliver the Doran Drive Precinct. Find out more about the Doran Drive Precinct.
In the future, we will select development partners for Hills Showground Precinct East and Hills Showground Precinct West.
At a glance
Concept SSDA approved. Delivery timing subject to detailed design approvals
Land use zonings
Local Centre (B2) and General Residential (R1)
Meeting the needs of different people at different life stages
A maximum of 1,620 homes, including a minimum 5% dedicated to Affordable Housing
A new plaza, neighbourhood park, commercial, retail and community uses.