Christmas is coming to Tallawong Station pocket park
Christmas is just around the corner so for the month of December the pocket park near Tallawong Station Rouse Hill, has been magically transformed into The Northwest Pole with fun activities for children and their families.
Our FREE one hour activity sessions are now fully booked but there is still plenty of time to enter our Ultimate Christmas Selfie competition. It's easy, just take a photo using our Christmas mural our at Tallawong and send it in. For details on how to enter, see below.
• Saturday 7 December (Session times: 9am, 10am and 11am)
• Sunday 8 December (Sessions times: 4pm, 5pm and 6pm)
• Saturday 14 December (Session times: 9am, 10am and 11am)
• Thursday 19 December (Session times: 4pm, 5pm and 6pm)
• Friday 20 December (Session times: 9am, 10am and 11am)
See you at The Northwest Pole soon!
Christmas at the Northwest Pole photo competition
Enter your ultimate Christmas selfie to win a Christmas hamper
Visit the pocket park opposite Tallawong Station which has been transformed into the Northwest Pole with a colourful display of local children's artwork and fun interactive panels you can use to take your ultimate Christmas selfie to submit to win a Christmas hamper.
We are looking for the photos that show your big festive smiles and make the best use of the Christmas mural.
There are three hampers to be won and we will be awarding a winner each week of the competition.
The competition runs from 2 to 20 December 2019.
How to enter:Read more
1. Take a photo of yourself, or a photo with family and friends, using the Christmas mural in the Tallawong Station pocket park as your backdrop.
2. Make sure everyone in the photo agrees to enter the competition.
3. Send your photo to email@example.com
Entries close Friday 20 December 2019.
Terms and conditions apply (see below)
Entries must not contain any offensive or inappropriate content.
Photo Gallery from Christmas at The Northwest Pole
In December, local families joined us for loads of fun activities in the pocket park at Tallawong Station which was transformed into The Northwest Pole. We hope you enjoy our gallery!
Terms and conditions Christmas photo competition December 2019
Terms and conditions
Landcom 2019 – Win a Christmas Hamper at Tallawong Northwest Pole
PART A – GENERAL TERMS
- These are the Terms & Conditions of entry in the Landcom 2019 – Win a Christmas Hamper Competition (Competition). They include information on how to enter and be eligible to receive a Prize for forwarding your photo and entering the Landcom 2019 – Win a Christmas Hamper Competition.
- Participating and emailing your photo taken onsite at the Tallawong Northwest Pole constitutes acceptance of these Terms and Conditions of entry.
- A participant of the Competition (Entrant) must comply with these terms and conditions of entry for their entry to be valid.
PART B – LANDCOM’S DETAILS
- Landcom ABN 79 260 268 688 of Level 14, 60 Station Street, Sydney NSW 2150 (Landcom) is the promoter and judge of the Landcom 2019 – Win a Christmas Hamper Competition.
PART C – WHO CAN PARTICIPATE IN THE SURVEY?
- Entry is open to anyone 18 years or older who attends the Tallawong Northwest Pole (Park), takes an image of yourself and/or your family and friends using the backdrops provided within the Park, then emails the image to firstname.lastname@example.org, subject to these terms and conditions.
- Entries commences at 9am on Monday, 2 December 2019 and closes at 12pm Friday 20 December 2019.
PART D – THE COMPETITION
- The Competition is described as follows:
- Attend Tallawong Northwest Pole before Friday, 20 December 2019 and take an image of you and/or your family and friends using the backdrops provided within the Park;
- Entrants who participate in any risky activity to take an image or submit an image that is inappropriate or improper will be ineligible to enter the Competition and receive a Prize;
- Before submitting the image, please obtain the agreement of every individual in the image to enter the Competition, including the consent of parents of guardians of children under 18 years who appear in the image;
- Email the image/s to email@example.com, along with the consent of parents or guardians of children in the image under 18 years;
- Each week until 20 December 2019, one image will be selected to win a Christmas Hamper. In total, there are up to three (3) Christmas Hampers to be won (Prizes); and
- The following criteria will be used to select each week’s winning entry:
- Clarity of image;
- Entrants with the biggest smile; and
- The most festive, creative concept using the existing mural as the backdrop.
PART E – WHO CAN ENTER
8. Entrants must be at least 18 years or older
9. Staff of Landcom, Sydney Metro NorthWest Places (SMNW Places) and any consultants, agents or contractors acting on Landcom’s behalf in respect to this Competition are ineligible to respond to enter the Competition, as are their Immediate Families. ‘Immediate Families’ means any of the following: spouse (including same sex spouse), ex- spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, natural or adopted sibling, whether or not they live in the same household.
10. Entries commence at 9am on Monday, 2 December 2019 and close at 12pm on Friday, 20 December 2019 Australian Eastern Daylight Time (AEDT) (‘Competition Period’). Any Entries received after the Competition Period will be deemed ineligible to receive a prize.
11. Entries must not contain any offensive or inappropriate content. Further, Entrants agree that Landcom has an unrestricted, irrevocable, transferable, divisible right and licence to use and modify their entry for the purpose of Landcom’s business without the payment of any fee or compensation.
12. A completed Entry cannot be changed or modified after it has been submitted.
13. Entry is free (excluding internet connection charges).
14. Only one Entry is permitted per person and Landcom reserves the right to verify the validity of all Entries. If multiple images from the same person are received, only the first Entry will considered, any and all subsequent Entries will be deemed invalid.
15. Landcom accepts no responsibility for Entries not received by the closing date for any reason whatsoever. The time of Entry will in each case be the time the Entry is received by Landcom’s database and not the time of transmission by the Entrant. Landcom, SMNW Places and any consultants, agents or contractors acting on Landcom’s behalf in respect to the entries will not be liable for any lost, late or misdirected entries including any delays in the delivery due to technical disruptions, network congestion or for any other reason.
16. The Entrant agrees to sign any further documentation required by Landcom to give effect to this arrangement as a precondition to being awarded a prize. To the extent permitted by law, Entrants unconditionally and irrevocably consent to any act or omission that would otherwise infringe any moral rights in their entry.
17. Should an Entrant’s contact details change during the Competition Period, it is the Entrant’s responsibility to notify Landcom in respect to the change in their personal information.
18. All Entrants warrant to Landcom that the above entry requirements have been met.
PART F – HOW TO WIN
19. All completed Entries submitted in accordance with these terms and conditions of entry will be reviewed by 20 December 2019 and the winner will be selected each week at the office of Landcom at Level 14, 60 Station Street, Parramatta NSW 2152 with the last winner selected by 21 December 2019.
20. Landcom’s decision in relation to any aspect of the entry is final and binding, including selection of the winning entry or whether any Entry is ineligible to receive a Prize. Landcom will not enter into any correspondence regarding the result, including in the event of a dispute.
21. The following terms and conditions of entry apply as follows:
(a) One Christmas Hamper will be won per week of the Competition Period;
(b) Entrants must be over 18 years of age; and
(c) Completion and submission of the image with contact details received within the specified time frame is mandatory.
- The Competition is a game of skill and chance plays no part in determining the winners.
- In selecting the winning Entrant, Entries will be judged on individual merit, including the originality, clarity, composition and creativity of the image in Clause 7(D) of these Terms and Conditions.
- The content of all Entries become and will remain the property of Landcom and Entrants waive any right or claim that they might have to inspect or approve any products or copy developed or used by Landcom in connection with their Entry.
PART G – PRIZES
22. There are up to three (3) $200 Christmas Hampers to be won.
23. The Prizes (including any unused portion) must be taken as stated, and are not transferable, exchangeable or redeemable for cash. Landcom will not be liable in the event that the winning Entrant does not take, or is unable to use, their Prize or any portion of it for any reason.
24. Those who are eligible to receive a Prize in the Competition will be notified by their nominated e-mail each week with the last winner being notified by 21 December 2019. Instructions will be provided as to how to claim the Prize and establish his/her entitlement to it. Entrants grant Landcom and/or SMNW Places Program permission to communicate with them by email and/or telephone for this purpose.
25. If the Prizes are unavailable for reasons beyond Landcom’s control, Landcom, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to substitute the Prize with a prize or voucher of equal or greater monetary value, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
26. In participating in the Competition, each winning Entrant agrees to participate and co-operate as required in all editorial and media/PR activities relating to the Competition, including but not limited to being interviewed and photographed. Each winning Entrant authorises the Landcom to use such footage and photographs together with the Entrant’s name, voice, video entry, image and likeness for advertising and publicity purposes in any media in perpetuity worldwide without additional compensation or further reference to the winning Entrant.
PART G – UNCLAIMED PRIZES
27. Subject to any relevant legislation regulating the Competition, if a Prize is not claimed by the winning entrant within 3 months of the date of the draw, the Prize will be deemed unclaimed and forfeited.
PART H – NO LIABILITY
28. Subject to those guarantees and rights, Landcom shall not be liable, and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss and any loss arising out of a claim by a third party) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with the Competition, or the use of the Prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law including as provided for under the Australian Consumer Law.
29. Landcom assumes no responsibility for any incorrect or inaccurate information, either caused by an Entrant or due to any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in the Competition, or for any technical error, or any combination thereof that may occur in the course of the administration of the Competition including any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of entries, and reserves the right to take any action that may be available.
30. If for any reason, the Competition is not capable of running as planned (including but not limited to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of Landcom which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Competition), Landcom reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any Entrant who undermines the fairness of the competition (by, for example, tampering with, or using or exploiting errors in, the entry process to obtain a competitive advantage over other Entrants), to take any action that may be available, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition, subject to any direction given under state regulations, or any written directions given by a relevant regulatory authority.
31.Once the Prize has left Landcom’s premises, Landcom takes no responsibility for the Prize being damaged, stolen or lost.
32. Landcom reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any Entrant who Landcom has reason to believe has breached any of these terms and conditions of entry, or engaged in any unlawful, inappropriate or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the Competition. Landcom’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
33. This Competition may be conducted using social media which may be based outside Australia. Information posted, tagged or commented on, including photographs may be transferred to this company’s server outside Australia. By entering this Competition you agree to this transfer
34. This entries are in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by or associated with Facebook or any other social network, Entrants acknowledge that:
- any information they provide in connection with the Survey is provided to Landcom and not to Facebook or any other social network; and
- any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Promotion will be directed to Landcom, not to Facebook or any other social network; and
- Entrants release Facebook and any other social network and their associated companies from all liability arising in respect of the Competition and use or publication of their image/s.
PART I – PRIVACY AND COLLECTION NOTICE
- Landcom will collect your personal information directly from you wherever practicable.
- Landcom is collecting your personal information in order to conduct the Competition and award the Prizes. The images submitted may be published on social media and your personal information and the data produced may also be used by Landcom to conduct research about our projects, including a consideration of best approaches to community engagement and place making strategies. The images and any data produced may be disclosed to SMNW Places team or consultants working for or on behalf of Landcom.
- If you provide your name, address and/or email address to Landcom to enter the competition, your name, address and/or email address will be used to communicate with you about the outcome of the Competition or to communicate about any future activities associated with the Sydney Metro Northwest Places Program.
- Respondents can opt out of further emails about Landcom and Sydney Metro Northwest Places Program using the link provided on such emails.
- If Landcom discloses any data collated from the personal information provided by entering the Competition relating to Landcom, SMNW Places Program or any community engagement or their place-making strategies, the data will be aggregated and de-identified before disclosure.
- If you have any questions regarding the collection, use, disclosure and storage of your personal information, including questions regarding your right of access to or correction of your personal information, please contact Landcom by email at: Privacy firstname.lastname@example.org and or by post to Right to Information & Privacy Officer, Landcom, PO Box 237 Parramatta NSW 2152.
Activity sessions frequently asked questions
Are there age requirements to enter the event?
This event is intended for children aged 12 years and under and their parent/carer.
How long is each session?
Sessions run for one (1) hour.
Can I leave my child/children at the session?
No. Children must be accompanied by their parent/carer at all times.
Can I buy multiple tickets in one registration?
Yes. When you register for a date and time, just enter the total number of adults and children attending in your group.
What are my transport/parking options for getting to and from the event?
As parking is limited it is recommended that you take the metro to Tallawong Station.
What should I bring into the event?
Wear a hat and sunscreen as the event is outdoors. Bring a bottle of water as there are no bubblers in the park.
Are there toilets available at the park?
Public toilets are available in the metro station across the road. You will need your opal car to access the station concourse. You will not be charged to enter the station to use the toilets.
How can I contact the organiser with any questions?
The Metro Northwest Places team can be contacted at email@example.com
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
You can bring your printed ticket or you can just bring the copy on your phone. If you lose or forget your ticket we will also have a list of registered attendees.
Is it ok if the name on my ticket or registration doesn't match the person who attends?
Yes. We are not recording the names of every person you register.
Are numbers limited at each timeslot?
Yes. Once site capacity is met, no one will be permitted entry until safe to do. You may be required to wait to gain entry. It is recommended you adhere to your entry time to avoid any delays.